Safe Self Storage is Priority One
September 14th, 2021
At Alamo Mini-Storage, we treat you with Texas hospitality—as if you were our own family! That’s why we’ll always shoot straight with you, and be open and honest in all of our communication. That includes communication about safe self storage while your belongings are stored at Alamo Mini-Storage.
While we’ve implemented a number of safety features, we can never underestimate the ingenuity of thieves and criminals. No storage facility is 100% secure from environmental damage, theft, or natural disasters. So, we don’t make that claim.
Instead, we set up our facilities to be as safe as possible for your convenience and peace of mind.
Safe Self Storage for You
At each of our seven locations around south Texas, we go to great lengths to insure the safety and convenience of our customers. This includes:
- Lighting – Each property is well lit in all hallways, aisles, driveways, and common areas.
- Gates – All properties have secure gates that are always working. Gate operating hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Surveillance equipment – Surveillance cameras are located throughout each property allowing views of doorways, hallways, aisles, driveways, gates, and dumpsters.
- Resident Managers – Our managers live on-site, adding an additional layer of security and surveillance. Each manager has been trained in safety procedures and reporting.
- Locks – Each office stocks locks available for purchase. Locks are not included with each unit, allowing customers to obtain the lock that best suits their needs and budget.
- Cleanliness – You might not think that cleanliness has anything to do with safe self storage, but it does. Making sure that empty boxes aren’t left in aisles, picking up trash around doorways, and keeping the dumpster area clear of debris goes a long way in helping all of us see better, and recognize any suspicious activity.
It is a rare situation that a naturally occurring event like a storm, or a moral failure like theft, has affected our customers. We believe this is in part due to the fact that many of our customers visit their units regularly, are attentive to one another, and remain interested in keeping the property safe, together, as a community.
Safe Self Storage for Your History and Your Future
The Alamo Mini-Storage family enjoys hearing our customers' stories. You share with us about your grandkids and what you’re saving for them. Or you share about your parents, and how they handed down this or that furniture. You tell us about the businesses you’ve had and the equipment you can’t yet bear to part with. You share your hobbies and show us the unique tools you’ve gathered over years of honing your craft. Storage is a type of “saving”—a type of keeping safe. And we take that seriously.
We provide safe self storage so that all the belongings from your past can be brought into the future—into new life, into renewed vision, into new phases.
How Alamo Mini-Storage Keeps You and Your Things Safe
What sets Alamo Mini-Storage apart from other storage facilities claiming safe self storage is that our resident managers make it a point to look customers in the eye and shake hands. We call you by name when we see you, we alert you if we notice anything amiss, or out of the ordinary, and we tour the property multiple times daily.
Alamo staff and our customers are a community that looks out for one another. Big-box storage facilities can’t say that. We’re present, we’re here for you, and we’re looking out.
We invite you to find an Alamo Mini-Storage location near you, and use our online sizing calculator to find out what size unit you need. We look forward to serving you with Texas hospitality!